Access to online resources made available by the SCD is neither open nor free. With the signature of its President, the whole University commits to respecting the terms of full legal licences. These state, in particular, that large-volume content downloads and the use of offline readers are prohibited, as is the dissemination of copyrighted content. Any individual breaches in this regard may lead to a suspension of the online service for the entire university community.
- I must have my Sesame account (ID and password used to access the ENT, email, etc.).
If I am a Rennes 1 student or staff member (including contract staff and professors emeriti), I can access most resources wherever I am (at the university, while travelling, at home).
If I am a temporary worker, temporary guest, retired staff member or trainee, I can access resources at the university (on all campuses and on the WiFi network).
If I don’t have any links with the university, I can access resources via the public workstations in the university libraries. With the exception of SciFinder, which is only available to Université de Rennes 1 members.
Conditions of use specific to the ISTEX platfor
from the ISTEX API:
- the right to reproduce the resources, in whole or in part, on any paper or digital medium, in any format, without limitation of number, and in particular by download or printing;
- the right to extract sub-corpuses from available resources from the ISTEX API;
- the right to access and use the value-added services available from the ISTEX API, in particular but not limited to analysis or processing operations (including automatically), search text, enrichment, sharing, collaborative work, association or interaction between resources;
- the right to create derivative works or to generate new content from these resources, to integrate them into other works or databases;
- the right to communicate to the public or to particular categories of public the content generated from the services available from the ISTEX API, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, by any means or network of communication known or unknown, in any form, so that everyone can have access to it from the place and at the time he chooses individually.
The User undertakes to verify the terms of the licenses concluded with the publishers and available on the site
http://www.istex.fr/ to ensure the extent of its rights on the resources.
These rights are used by the User in its scientific teaching and/or research activities.
Use of the resources on mobile device (smartphone, tablet)
In certain cases, the on-line resources are also available in the form of mobile applications.
We invite you for the use on smartphones and tablets as far as possible to favor the web versions rather than the mobile applications.
We recommend you in every case to be all eyes on the conditions of accesses and authorization requests expressed by the product before any download. You can for example for it use Exodus, platform of analysis of the applications for smartphone Android.
In any event, note that the University does not insure technical support on the external mobile applications.