Introduction to Supernova
- in the catalogue of Rennes 1, SciencesPo Rennes and INSA Rennes libraries (books, ebooks, journals),
- in the databases and online journals that Rennes 1 subscribes to (journal articles, ebook chapters, etc.)
- in some open access library resources.
So you can find:
- books, journals, thesis, physically available in the libraries of the Rennes 1 and its partners,
- but also ebooks, scientific articles from the many journals and databases to which the university has subscribed and from open access sources.
Supernova: the interactive tutorial in french!
Supernova in Moodle
Did you know that you can use the library catalogue (Supernova) without leaving Moodle?
As a teacher, you can now create bibliographies with commentary in Moodle without leaving your course space.
The Supernova plugin for Moodle is designed to maximise the use of your course sources and make it easier for students to use our collections.
Too many results? Filter them out
The « Livres et revues dans les rayonnages » limiter allows you to display only what is present on the library shelves, as welle as ebooks.
So you can exclude ebooks by selecting one or more specific document types.
You can also limit the results to recent documents by changing the publication dates covered.
Log in before request a "BU Drive"
In Supernova, you must imperatively log in to your Sesame ID first BEFORE clicking on the "BU Drive" link, to make the connection with your library account.
Otherwise you may log in but you will encounter this following error message:
In this case, go back, and respect the order of the following actions
- Go to Supernova
- Log in to your library account first (in the top right-hand corner of the screen)
- Then search Supernova for the item you would like to borrow and click on the "BU Drive" link .
You will avoid the error "biblionumber".
Access the full text
Supernova allows you to directly access the full text of articles and ebooks found.
Then, you can :
- view them online
- download them when the publisher’s platform offer this feature.
Pointing to a resource with the permanent URL
Would you like to transmit a link to a resource found in Supernova?
Please note that the URL given in the address bar of your search engine is not permanent and will not allow your contact to find the targeted resource.
You can retrieve the pemanent URL in the detailed record of the resource, in the right-hand column: