The extended opening hours are reserved for students, teachers and staff of the Université de Rennes 1, Rennes 2 university, EHESP, ENS, ENSCR, INSA Rennes and Sciences Po Rennes.
The opening of extended hours in 2021-2022 is subject to the sanitary regulations in place at the beginning of the academic year.
Libraries' opening in extended hours
Extended evening and weekend opening hours are offered from Monday to Saturday inclusive, from October 1st to May 31th, except on public holidays and when the university libraries are closed (end of year holidays, bank holidays).
- The 3 university libraries are open until 10pm from Monday to Saturday
- Open from 1pm to 7pm on Sundays:
- From October 1st to May 31th for the BU Centre
- For 4 Sundays in spring 2022 for the BU Villejean Santé
- No Sundays planned for the BU Beaulieu
Planned closure dates in 2021-22 :
- End of year closure: from Thursday 23th December to Sunday 2nd January inclusive
- Spring closures: Saturday 16th to Monday 18th April inclusive
- Ascension Day: from Thursday 26th to Sunday 29th May inclusive
- Public holidays: November 1st, November 11th , etc.
The extended opening hours start at the usual closing time of the library: 7pm from Monday to Friday, 5.30pm on Saturday.
Seats bookable during extended hours
Some spaces are concerned, not the whole library:
- BU Beaulieu: ground floor
- BU Centre: patio (including group rooms), mezzanine, room F, room G. After 7pm on weekdays, 5.30pm on Saturdays and from 1pm to 7pm on Sundays: access via 1, rue de la Borderie.
- BU Villejean Santé: ground floor, Madeleine Brès room and Martin Winckler room
No library services (borrowing, copying) are provided during extended hours.
The extended opening hours are reserved for students, teachers and staff of :
- the Université de Rennes 1 and Rennes 2 university
- partner schools: ENSCR, ENS Rennes, Sciences Po Rennes, INSA Rennes and EHESP
External users, whether or not they are registered members of the library, may not access the libraries during extended opening hours.
What are these rooms for?
- Work on your lessons
- Surfing the internet using wifi
- Using the computers available in the rooms
- Consulting the documents on the spot