The health situation does not allow extended evening and sunday hours for BU Centre - La Borderie rooms and for BU Villejean Santé until further notice.
At BU Villejean Santé, the system has been transformed to allow extended opening hours in the mornings, from 8:00 a.m. to 8:45 a.m., Monday to Friday, for the ground floor, from Monday, March 1st to Monday, May 31 (except for closures and holidays).
From March 1st , BU Villejean Santé will open under the following conditions:
- 8 am - 8:45 am from Monday to Friday: opening of the 2 reading rooms on the ground floor, with 154 seats, by reservation and without library service.
- 8.45am -5.30pm Monday to Saturday: opening of the entire library, in its usual operating conditions, by reservation
This access from 8 am to 8:45 am to the BU Villejean Santé is reserved for students from the Université de Rennes 1 and Rennes 2 university, as well as partner schools: ENSCR, ENS Rennes, Sciences Po Rennes, INSA Rennes and EHESP.
Even though they are located within the libraries, the rooms open at 8 am are above all for studying. There are no library services available — you cannot borrow or return documents, nor photocopy or print anything.
BU Villejean Santé
Bookable seats on evenings and weekend in BU Villejean Santé:
- Martin Winckler room: seats 1 to 61
- Madeleine Brès room: seats 71 to 163
Open from 1st March 2021 to 31 May 2021 except during public holidays, Spring break closure (Saturday 3rd to Monday, April 5 inclusive) and Ascension weekend (Thursady 13 to Sunday 16, May inclusive).
Batiment 14 on Villejean Santé campus
- Subway: Villejean-Université or Pontchaillou
- Bus: C4 Gaston Berger stop
What are these rooms for?
- Work on your lessons
- Using online resources
- Surfing the internet using wifi
- Using the computers available in the rooms
- Consulting the documents on the spot
Although they are located within the libraries, the rooms open at 8 am are above all work spaces. No library services are available — you cannot borrow or return documents, nor photocopy or print anything.