- Library membership conditions
- Membership is free for...
- Membership means...
- You don't need to be a member to...
- Sesame account
Library membership conditions
- Students, teachers, researchers and staff at Rennes 1 and the institutions listed below: free membership for the university year
Please provide: student card or business card
Your library card: student card, Crous university card (carte vie universitaire) or Korrigo travel card
- Job seekers: free membership for three months
Please provide: proof from the job centre dated within the last three months, proof of identity and proof of address
Your library card: card issued by the UL
- In all other cases: there is an annual registration fee (€42 in 2016, for one year from the date of issue)
Please provide: proof of identity and proof of address
Your library card: Crous university card (carte vie universitaire) or card issued by the UL
The libraries take cash and cheques. They do not accept credit/debit cards.
Membership is free for...
Students, teachers, researchers, guest research lecturers and staff at University of Rennes 1 (including ENSSAT, IGR, IUT, IPAG), ENSCR and Sciences Po Rennes.
Students, teachers, researchers and staff from the Université Bretagne Loire university network.
- Université d'Angers
- Université de Bretagne Occidentale
- Université Bretagne Sud
- Université du Maine
- Université de Nantes
- Université Rennes 2
Students, teachers, researchers and staff from INSA Rennes.
Students, teachers, researchers and staff from ENS Rennes.
Rennes hospital practitioners
Once a member, you can:
You don't need to be a member to...
- enter the UL
- sit down in the reading rooms, group work rooms or carrels
- consult documents
- use the catalogue
- enjoy exhibitions and events
- use the WiFi
- ask a librarian for advice
- use ubib, the chat room and email service
A Sesame account is set up when you register. The user name and password enable you to login in to computers, your reader account and the WiFi.
- Rennes 1 users: your Sesame account is used at the library.
- Other users: your Sesame account is made up of the letters H-S followed by a series of numbers.
You need to confirm your Sesame account for it to work, i.e. change the password.
You can do this the day after you register at the UL, either online, via the Rennes 1 ENT home page, or on the spot in the ULs.
Select « Personnel, lecteur autorisé, compte spécial » [Staff, authorised user, special account].