During lockdown exit, as long as reading rooms will remain closed to the public, registered external user may.
- Use the Drive des BU [library drive] to borrow documents and use related services
- Schedule an appointment with a librarian
Access to online resources is currently not possible for external users. This service, only available in the libraries, cannot be provided as long as reading rooms remain closed to the public.
Registration is free for :
- The students, teachers, researchers and staff from the Université Bretagne Loire university network (Angers, Bretagne Occidentale, Bretagne Sud, Le Mans, Nantes, Rennes 2), INSA Rennes, ENS Rennes
- INRIA staff
- Job seekers and recipients of social minima
- Asylum seekers
Students and staff from others French universities: 30€ for 12 months
Others posibilities : 15€ for 3 months, 40€ for 12 months
Cash payment or check (order: Régisseur de l'Université de Rennes 1).
(Rates on 2019/01/01)
Hospital practitioners: mail to buchulistes [dot] univ-rennes1 [dot] fr
Paramedical students: mail to bu-contactlistes [dot] univ-rennes1 [dot] fr
Documents required :
- proof of residence of less than 3 months
- proof of identity
- document justifying the free registation
3 categories of documents are requested:
- ID. Are accepted:
- National identity card
- Driving license
- Residence permit
- Proof of address in your name (or document attesting to the current address for refugees). Are accepted:
- Telephone bill (including mobile telephone bill)
- Electricity, gas, water bill
- Receipt of rent (from a social organization or a real estate agency) or title deed
- Taxation notice or certificate of non-taxation
- Proof of taxe d'habitation [housing tax]
- Certificate or invoice for housing insurance
- Caf statement mentioning housing-related aid
A copy of an electronic invoice is accepted. Proof must be less than 3 months old.
- Proof of situation for beneficiaries of the reduced rate or free
- Student enrolled in a public university or an approved establishment: student card or certificate of enrollment
- Teacher, researcher or staff of a public university or an approved establishment: professional card or equivalent
- Job seeker or beneficiary of social minima: notification of the service, or receipt, or certificate of payment from the service provider (original or copy of less than 6 months mentioning the name and address of the beneficiary)
- Refugee: OFPRA receipt for example
Validation of the Sesame account
Presumably 1 hour after your registration and at the most the next day, you will receive an email to the personal address you gave.
Note your Sesame ID and click on the validation link.
To activate the account, copy your Sesame ID, copy and paste the temporary security code and then choose a definitive password.
Skip the activation page of the services, which concerns only the students and staff of Université de Rennes 1, by clicking on "Continue".
Your Sesame account is now active.
Services of the library
Once a member, you can:
You can borrow 20 documents for 3 weeks from the day you register for the library.
You benefit from all the borrowing services: extension, reservation, remote loan, "Prêt Entre Bibliothèques "(PEB) [interlibrary loan (ILL)]
Once validated, your Sesame account opens access:
- to the library computers,
- to the Internet, on computers or via wifi (Eduspot),
- to the printing facilities,
- to online resources from library computers; you do not benefit from remote access to these resources,
- to your library account on site or remotely to manage your loans and your private data.
Access to online resources
You can access online resources only on site, at the library: remote access is not possible.
To view or download information resources online, please:
- log in a session of the library computers
- open the Internet Explorer browser (Mozilla Firefox or Chrome will not work, for technical reasons)
- log in to the library website to view resources, via: