Book a seat
During extended opening hours (October 1st - May 31th), which concern the 3 academic libraries, seat reservation is required.
Overview by university library:
- At the BU Beaulieu: the ground floor seats are bookable (extended hours only). See the details of the bookable spaces at BU Beaulieu.
- At the BU Centre: the patio, the mezzanine,the rooms F and G (daytime and extended hours) seats are bookable. See details of the bookable spaces at the BU Centre.
- At the BU Villejean Santé: the seats of the Brès and the Fleming rooms (daytime and extended hours) and the Fauchard and Winckler rooms (daytime only) can be reserved. See details of the bookable spaces at the BU Villejean Santé.
How bookings and quotas work
A reservation can last from 15 minutes to a maximum of 4 hours. You may make several reservations per day.
You must confirm your presence on arrival.
Quota of available hours per person :
- at a rate of 40 hours maximum per week (this limit change depending on the occupancy of the libraries )
- in the 3 libraries (it’s not 40 hours per library)
- up to 7 days in advance
The system offers you two-hours slots by default,you can select shorter or longer slots via the drop-down menu at the bottom of the page.
If someone else is occupying the seat when you arrive, please ask them to vacate the seat. In case of troubles, please ask a member of staff.
Book a group study room
A group room reservation lasts a minimum of 1 hour and a maximum of 3 hours.
You can book a maximum of 6 hours of group room reservations per week.
There is an automatic 30-minute ventilation period between two bookings: please respect it!
BU Beaulieu: 12 rooms are available for reservation for groups of maximum 4 people.
BU Centre: 4 rooms are available for reservation for groups of maximum 4 people.
- Salle 040 : ground floor
- Salle 042 : ground floor (priority for people with reduced mobility)
- Salle 044 : ground floor
- Salle 046 : ground floor (with a video projector)
The other group rooms on the first floor are freely accessible.
The person who reserves the room guarantees that the following safety measures are respected:
- No more than 4 people in the group
- Wash your hands at the entrance
- Correct wearing of a mask is compulsory anytimes
- Clean table and seating area before leaving
How to book ?
Book a seat via the online seat reservation system (Libcal), using your institutional email address only.
- Université de Rennes 1: @univ-rennes1.fr, @etudiant.univ-rennes1.fr,
- Rennes 2 University: @univ-rennes2.fr, @etudiant.univ-rennes2.fr
- CHU: @chu-rennes.fr (for the BU Villejean Santé only)
- EHESP: @eleves.ehesp.fr ou @ehesp.fr
- ENS: @ens-rennes.fr
- ENSC Rennes: @ensc-rennes.fr, @eleves.ensc-rennes.fr,
- INSA Rennes: @insa-rennes.fr,
- Sciences Po Rennes: @sciencespo-rennes.fr, @etudiant.sciencespo-rennes.fr
2. With the librarians
For all others cases, please contact the library in which you wish to come and work. Librarians will be able to book a seat for you.
You can contact us by email atbu-contactlistes [p0int] univ-rennes1 [p0int] fr ( )bu-contactlistes [p0int] univ-rennes1 [p0int] fr ( bu-contact[a]listes.univ-rennes1.fr.)
3. Confimation email
In all cases, you will receive a confirmation email to the address used for the reservation, containing the details of your booking, your reserved seat number and the confimation QR code. Keep this email well!
How to confirm its attendance?
In order to limit the number of seats reserved but not filled, reservation works with an attendance confirmation system.
You must check in when you arrive. On D-day, at the start of your reservation, remember to confirm your presence: at the earliest 15 minutes before, at the latest 20 minutes after.
You just have to enter the confirmation code you have received by email.
You may do this:
- From the confirmation email of your reservation: you will find the confirmation URL
- Or by flashing the QR Code present in the library's spaces
- Or directly in the Libcal reservation system
- Or with the librarians at the reception desk
Change the language of Libcal
You can change the language of our booking system using the drop down menu at the bottom of the Libcal page. Choose to have it speak English, Spanish, Chinese or Irish.