- Madeleine Brès room
French national medical exam (ECN) preparation
- Martin Winckler room
- Alexander Fleming room
Common first year of medicine (PACES) preparation
- Pierre Fauchard room
Books, journals (issues before 1960), theses and dissertations, and old books (published before 1920) can be requested at reception and brought to you in a few minutes.
The SCELVA language resource centre for health is housed in the library Martin Winckler room (ground floor). There you will find language dictionaries and courses, novels, comics, DVDs (fiction, series and documentaries) and foreign press.
A librarian is available in the Martin Winckler room on Monday mornings to help you search for information.
A careers guidance service, focusing on healthcare professions, is available in the Martin Winckler room on the library ground floor. Here you can find books, magazines and job information sheets.
The documents on offer at the library go beyond its shelves — find out about online resources in the field of health!
Over 8,000 works from the 16th to 20th century, and including many collections of journal articles. This storeroom features several sets from:
- the inter-university library,
- Rennes School of Medicine and Pharmacy,
- Dr Paul Delaunay (1878-1958), a doctor from Sarthe,
- Jacques Léonard (1935-1988), lecturer at the University of Rennes 2.
You can consult old books on the spot when the library is open (they must be returned 30 minutes before the library closes).
To consult old books in the libraries on a Saturday, remember to culture-patrimoineuniv-rennes1 [p0int] fr (make a prior request by email) or in person.
- Check whether the book is available online in digital format: Gallica, Biodiversity Heritage Library, Europeana, or Medic@. You will not receive the hard copy, except if specifically required.
- Fill in a request form, available at the library reception.
- You must leave your student card, library card or proof of identity while you consult the documents.
Some works, manuscripts or journals cannot be given out for conservation reasons (documents in poor condition or too rare and precious). Documents dated before 1920 are not available for loan. Microfilms can only be consulted at the BU Centre [ Center Library].