Training for PhD students on scientific information
Within the framework of the Formadoct network, the Libraries of Rennes 1, in partnership with the Library of INSA Rennes and the Library of Rennes 2 contribute to the training of PhD students on the following topics :
1. Raising awareness and training in open access management (publication and deposit)
2. Training in research data management
3. design of research projects in the form of mental maps
4. Bibliographic management (Zotero for beginners and avanced users)
5. Scientific integrity (plagiarism, data sharing and processing, adherence to the GDPR)
Two trainings are given in English:
- First steps wih Zotero
- Introduction to Data management in Hard Sciences
Doctoral students are invited to consult the catalog of these training courses on Amethis (in the list of organizing institutions, select "Pôle doctoral de Rennes SCD").
Register to theses training courses
As a doctoral student you can register for these courses using your student credentials ("Sesame").
Your participation in this training will be valid once you will have completed the satisfactory survey related to this training. This formality allows us each year to better meet the expectations of doctoral students and your feedback is valuable.
Be present at the training courses you have registered for: in case of unjustified absence, we reserve the right to cancel your other applications to our training courses.
A few days after the training, you will find the certificate of attendance you need on Amethis. Trainers will not fill out any other attestation during the session.
If you notice a problem in the follow-up of your registrations or in the access to the certificates, please contact the registration manager.
Formadoct is the reference site for doctoral students: you would like to improve your monitoring or find out about the submission of your thesis? This distance learning tool for scientific and technical information is made for you!
Guides and videos provide information about:
- scientific publications,
- intellectual property,
- reference management software,
- open access and open archives,
- theses: standards and formats,
- research data management.
You will find all the documentation support you need, from creating your bibliography to writing, publishing and disseminating your thesis.
In addition, you will find material for the workshops and conferences we organise as part of our doctoral training course.