The libraries of Université de Rennes 1 are developing special services to improve accessibility for all users, whether they are students, staff or registered external library users.
To make life easier, the libraries team can have your required documents waiting for you at reception. You can ask for them on the spot or send the bibliography ahead of time so the books are ready when you arrive.
Documents available at the BU Centre, the BU Villejean Santé or the BU Beaulieu can be transferred to the most easily accessible library on request.
A personalised welcome is available, by appointment, in each of the three libraries through the disability contact (details at the right of the page).
Rennes 1 university libraries are authorised to adapt copyrighted material at the request of library users.We can scan documents kept in the Rennes 1 libraries or those in your possession.
Consult the list of documents adapted as part of the Handicap exception.For more information, get in touch with the disability contact at your library (details at the right of the page) or the Student Support Service (SAVE).
Specially adapted equipment
Each library has a computer featuring the following software and equipment.
JAWS screen reader: text-to-speech output
ZoomText Magnifier/Reader: enlarges and enhances everything on the screen and reads documents aloud
- Dragon Natural Speaking speech recognition software and headset (available in the BU Villejean Santé [Villejean Health Library and BU Beaulieu [Beaulieu Library])
- Zoom-Ex portable magnifier and scanner: magnifies text on-screen, scans printed material with character recognition, and enables text-to-speech output with Jaws
a large print keyboard
- a portable high-brightness light to move around the library independently
- a height and tilt-adjustable table
- reading spaces reserved for people with reduced mobility