Rennes 1 university libraries are developing special services to improve accessibility for all users, whether they are students, staff or registered external library users.
To make life easier, the UL team can have your required documents waiting for you at reception. You can ask for them
on the spot or send the bibliography ahead of time so the books are ready when you arrive.
Documents available at the Law-Economics-Management UL, Health UL or Sciences and Philosophy UL can be
transferred to the most easily accessible UL on request.
A personalised welcome is available, by appointment, in each of the three ULs through the disability contact (details at the right of the page).
Rennes 1 university libraries are authorised to adapt copyrighted material at the request of library users.
We can scan documents kept in the Rennes 1 ULs or those in your possession.
For more information, get in touch with the disability contact at your library (details at the right of the page) or the Student Support Service (SAVE).
Specially adapted equipment
Each UL has a computer featuring the following software and equipment.
JAWS screen reader: text-to-speech output
ZoomText Magnifier/Reader: enlarges and enhances everything on the screen and reads documents aloud
- Dragon Natural Speaking speech recognition software and headset (available in the Health and Sciences and Philosophy ULs)
- Zoom-Ex portable magnifier and scanner: magnifies text on-screen, scans printed material with character recognition, and enables text-to-speech output with Jaws
a large print keyboard
- a portable high-brightness light to move around the UL independently
- a height and tilt-adjustable table
- reading room spaces reserved for people with reduced mobility
Access to each UL is explained on the corresponding library page:
La Borderie study rooms also have reduced mobility access.
Use UL virtual tours to plan and optimise your visits. See links to the right of the page.