Thanks to your attention and your application of the sanitary instructions, Rennes 1 libraries can open reading rooms and the services. We rely on you!
Subject to changes in sanitary conditions
From Thuesday 6 April, the 3 libraries of Université de Rennes 1 are open with reduced times, from 8.45am (8am for the BU Villejean Santé) to 5pm. Opening until 7 pm on weekdays cannot be maintained.The strengthening of the sanitary measures, in particular the closure of schools, has indeed a strong impact on the library teams, which will be less mobilized for the coming weeks. Thank you for your understanding.
The health situation does not allow for extended hours (evenings and Sundays) for the BU Centre - La Borderie rooms and for the BU Villejean Santé until further notice.
Reserve your study place in advance
On 2020/21, you must book a seat to come and work in the library. It ensures equal access to all seats in the libraries, in correct sanitary conditions, without queuing.
You can book your seat via the online seat reservation system (Libcal) for students and staff of the Université de Rennes 1, Rennes 2 University , partner schools and CHU. For any other person, the reservation is made for you by a librarian.
[29/03/2021] BU Centre is saturated. In order to limit the number of seats reserved but not filled and to adapt quickly to this situation, 2 measures are taken from March30, 2021:
- You must check in when you arrive at BU Centre (2 other university libraries are not concerned). Without checking in, at the latest 20 minutes after, your reservation is automatically canceled.
- Only students and staff from the Université de Rennes 1 and Sciences Po Rennes may book a seat in BU Centre directely via the online seat reservation system (Libcal). 2 other university libraries are not concerned.
Please note that the reservation is strictly individual.
Speak aloud in a group study room
During the health crisis, groups study rooms are opened for reservation for individual use only. For single people who needs to speak aloud (video lessons, interview, etc.), your 3 libraries have a solution!
This rooms are opened for reservation for individual use only for single people who needs to speak aloud. The use of these rooms by groups is currently prohibited. Thank you for your cooperation and respect of this rule.
Group rooms for collective use
BU Beaulieu and BU Centre offer a number of group rooms for group work, for groups of 2 to 4 people maximum.
Order your book
You need to borrow books, magazines, DVDs, etc. ?
You have 2 options:
- Order them online via the drive, then pick them up at the library’s reception
- You can choose them on the shelves and borrow them. In this case, you don't have to book a seat.Please wash your hands before touching books
Computers and printers
Computers and printers are available.
Seats with computers must be booked.
Please clean keyboards and mice after use.
Respect safety measures
- All patrons in the library will be required to wear a face covering at all times while in the building.
- Wash your hands regularly, and before using any equipment
- Wash your hands before touching the books on the shelves
- Maintain at least 1 meter/3foot distance between yourself and other people
- Do not move furniture. All furniture is placed in such a way to ensure safety protocols
- Clean your seating area with disinfection material provide
Until the end of the year closure, only students and staff of Université de Rennes 1, ENSCR and Sciences Po Rennes could book a seat or a document.
All visitors are welcome again in the library from Monday 4 January.