Thanks to your attention and your application of the sanitary instructions, Rennes 1 libraries can open reading rooms and the services.
We rely on you!
Subject to changes in sanitary conditions
The 3 libraries of the Université de Rennes 1 are open, but the hours change with the curfew in place at 6 p.m.: ⇒ open from 8.45am to 5.30pm from Monday to Saturday.
The health situation does not allow for extended hours (evenings and Sundays) for the BU Centre - La Borderie rooms and for the BU Villejean Santé until further notice.
Until the end of the year, only students and staff from the Université de Rennes 1, ENSCR and Sciences Po Rennes could reserve a seat or a document.
The reception of all public will be possible again from Monday 4 January.
Reserve your study place in advance
On 2020/21, you must book a seat to come and work in the library. It ensures equal access to all seats in the libraries, in correct sanitary conditions, without queuing.
Seat reservation is compulsary to settle down and work in the library, including printing. You don't have to reserve a seat if you need to photocopy, scan or select documents from the shelves.
You can book your seat via the online seat reservation system (Libcal) for students and staff of the Université de Rennes 1, Rennes 2 University , partner schools and CHU. For any other person, the reservation is made for you by a librarian.
Please note that the reservation is strictly individual.
Order your book
You need to borrow books, magazines, DVDs, etc. ?
You have 2 options:
- Order them online via the drive, then pick them up at the library’s reception
- You can choose them on the shelves and borrow them. In this case, you don't have to book a seat.Please wash your hands before touching books
Computers and printers
Computers and printers are available.
Seats with computers must be booked.
Please clean keyboards and mice after use.
Respect safety measures
- All patrons in the library will be required to wear a face covering at all times while in the building.
- Wash your hands regularly, and before using any equipment
- Wash your hands before touching the books on the shelves
- Maintain at least 1 meter/3foot distance between yourself and other people
- Do not move furniture. All furniture is placed in such a way to ensure safety protocols
- Clean your seating area with disinfection material provide