|You are||You can borrow||For||Extend loan period|
|Undergraduate/ Master student||20 items||3 weeks||twice , for 3 weeks|
|PhD student and staff||30 items||5 weeks||twice , for 3 weeks|
|External registered user||20 items||3 weeks||twice , for 3 weeks|
|Types of document||Maximum items||For||Extend loan period||Reservation|
|Legal code (BU Centre [Center Library])||5 items||2 weeks||No||No|
|French national medical exam (ECN)||5 items||2 weeks||No||No|
The number of documents you can borrow is the same in every Rennes 1 libraries.
Types of document you can borrow
You can borrow the following in the 3 university libraries:
- All books except those labelled “not for loan” and old books (published before 1920)
- All journal issues, except the very latest one, unless it's a specific legal journal or a daily magazine
- Theses and dissertations, except in the case of specific confidentiality provisions
Extend my loan
You can renew items:
- online, via your library account,
- at the library reception desk,
- using the self-service machines
You can renew your library items 2 times each.
The extension is possible only during the last week of loan and adds a period of three weeks after the planned date of return.
|You are||Initial duration of the loan||Extend loan period|
|Undergraduate / Master student||3 weeks||3 weeks|
|PhD student and staff||5 weeks||3 weeks|
|External registered user||3 sweeks||3 weeks|
Renewal is not possible if...
You cannot renew your library items if:
- you have overdue items,
- your library account has been suspended,
- the item you wish to keep has been reserved by another user,
- it is a legal code from the BU Centre [Center Library],
- it is a French national medical exam (ECN) document from the BU Villejean Santé [Villejean Health Library].