|You are||You can borrow||For||Extend loan period|
|Undergraduate/ Master student||20 items||3 weeks||once, for 3 weeks|
|PhD student and staff||30 items||5 weeks||once, for 3 weeks|
|External registered user||20 items||3 weeks||once, for 3 weeks|
|Types of document||Maximum items||For||Extend loan period||Reservation|
|Legal code (Law-economics-management library)||5 items||2 weeks||No||No|
|French national medical exam (ECN)||5 items||2 weeks||No||No|
|DVD||2 DVD||1 week||once, for 3 weeks||Yes|
The number of documents you can borrow applies for all Rennes 1 libraries.
Types of document you can borrow
You can borrow the following in the 3 university libraries:
- All books except those labelled “not for loan” and old books (published before 1920)
- All journal issues, except the very latest one (unless it's a specific legal journal or a daily magazine)
- Theses and dissertations, except in the case of specific confidentiality provisions
Book drop box Schedules:
- Monday to Friday, after 7pm until 8:45am,
- On weekends from Saturday 5:30pm on .
Returned books are recorded in every morning after checking their statut. Items put into the drop box after business hours will be backdated to the previous business day. Unless this operation is performed, documents will remain on your account and you will still be liable for them.
- If the outside drop box is full, please do not force the items into the box for this would cause the drawer to get automatically locked up. .
- During lengthy vacation time, the drop box may not be available due to its limited capacity.
- Should the drop box be full or locked, please keep your library items, do not leave them outside the box.
- Any overdue materials returned in the drop box will be subject to the regular fine.
- The same late charges apply regardless of whether the overdue materials are returned via the drop box or are returned at the library desk.